【小魔女瑪蒂達】Quiet 安靜



Have you ever wondered, well I have,
About how when I say, say, red, for example,
There's no way of knowing if red
Means the same thing in your head
As red means in my head
When someone says red?
妳是否曾經好奇,我好奇過
好奇當我說,譬如紅
妳怎麼有辦法知道我說的紅
與妳腦中想的紅
和我腦中想的紅
是同一種紅

And how if we are travelling
At almost the speed of light,
And we're holding a light,
That light would still travel away from us
At the full speed of light?
或是如果我們用接近光速旅行
手中握著一道光束
那道光是否仍會
用光速遠離
接近光速的我們

Which seems right in a way,
But I'm trying to say... I'm not sure...
But I'm wondering inside my head,
I'm not just a bit different from some of my friends...
These answers that come into my mind unbidden...
These stories delivered to me fully written...
這看來某些方面是對的
但我想說的是,我並不確定
但我在腦海裡懷疑
我和我其他朋友的不同可不只有一點
這些答案總是不請自來
這些故事總是不言自明

And when everyone shouts - they seem to like shouting -
The noise in my head is incredibly loud,
And I just wish they'd stop, my dad and my mum,
And the telly and stories would stop just for once.
每當有人大叫,聽起來像大叫
在我腦袋中聽起來都有如巨響
我只希望他們停一停
讓我的爸媽和電視和故事都暫作休息

I'm sorry - I'm not quite explaining it right,
But this noise becomes anger, and the anger is light,
And its burning inside me would usually fade,
But it isn't today, and the heat and the shouting,
And my heart is pounding, and my eyes are burning,
And suddenly everything, everything is…
抱歉,我沒有解釋得很清楚
但是噪音變成怒氣,怒氣變成火光
這心中灼熱本來會退去
但今天沒有,火熱與叫聲
心臟的跳擊,雙眼在燃燒
突然間一切,一切都...


Quiet...
Like silence, but not really silent...
Just that still sort of quiet
Like the sound of a page being turned in a book,
Or a pause in a walk in the woods.'
安靜
像寂靜,但又不是寂靜
只是單單平穩的安靜
好像把聲音在書中翻了過去
或是森林中漫步被按了暫停

Quiet...
Like silence, but not really silent...
Just that nice kind of quiet,
Like the sound when you lie upside down in your bed.
Just the sound of your heart in your head...
安靜
像寂靜,但又不是寂靜
只是單單美好的安靜
好似顛倒躺在床上的聲音
只聽得見腦袋中的心聲

And though the people around me,
Their mouths are still moving,
The words they are forming
Cannot reach me anymore.
儘管圍繞著人們
他們嘴巴動個不停
他們吐出的字句
再也無法觸及我心

And it is quiet...
And I am warm...
Like I've sailed
Into the eye of the storm…
就是這麼安靜
如此溫暖我心
好像航行

到了暴風的中心...

留言