【來自遠方】Welcome to the Rock 石島歡迎你




On the northeast tip of North America, on an island called Newfoundland, there's an airport.It used to be one of the biggest airports in the world, and next to it is a town called Gander.
在北美洲最東北角,有個機場座落在一個叫紐芬蘭的島上,它曾是世界上最大的機場,相鄰著一個叫甘德的小鎮。

Welcome to the rock if you come from away,
You'll probably understand about half of what we say.
They say no man's an island but an island makes a man,
Especially when one comes from one like Newfoundland.
Welcome to the Rock

歡迎你千里迢迢來到這座島

我們的方言你能懂一半就很好

俗話說人非孤島但它能成就人

特別是當你來到Newfoundland

Welcome to the Rock!




That mornin' I'm in the classroom, it's our first day back and school buses are on strike so I'm coverin' for Annette who's running late.
那天早上我在教室,還是返校的第一天而校車還在罷工,我還在掩護遲到的安妮特。

Sorry Beulah, how's the kids?  嘿抱歉,布拉,孩子們如何

Not exactly thrilled to be inside on such a gorgeous day,
so, I told them we'd only half day this mornin',
and they were quite pleased, until I told them we'd have the other half in the afternoon!

那麼好的天氣要他們怎麼肯待在教室,所以我告訴他們今天早上只要待半天。他們是滿開心的啦,直到我告訴他們下午也要待半天


Welcome to the wildest weather that you've ever heard of.
Where every one is nicer but it's never nice above.
Welcome to the farthest place you'll get from Disneyland.
Fish and chips and shipwrecks, this is Newfoundland.
Welcome to the rock, an islander, I am an islander. I'm an islander, I am an Islander.
I'm an islander, I am an islander. I'm an islander, I am an islander.

歡迎來體驗史上最扯蛋的天氣

人民都很Nice除了老天爺脾氣

方圓百里你也無法找到迪士尼

島上只有船隻、薯條和炸魚

歡迎你來到,這座島嶼,就是個島民

我就是島民,就是個島民

我就是島民,就是個島民

我就是島民,就是個島民



That mornin' I'm in car. The kid's cross Airport Blvd. to get to school,
and that time of day people are in a little bit of a rush to get to work and stuff, so normally I sit there and run my radar.And if they're speedin', I'll stop them and write out a warning ticket. I'll write S.T.F.D.
Slow the fuck down!

那個早上,我待在車裡。孩子們正在穿過機場大道要去學校,那個時間點人們都趕路去上班甚麼的,所以我如往常坐在車裡開著測速雷達。(嗚嗚)如果他們超速,我就會擋下他們開一張警告單。我會寫一張TMDJS,他媽的減速!



Welcome to the land where the winters try to kill us and we say, "we will not be killed."
Welcome to the land where the waters try to drown us and we said, "we will not be drowned."
Welcome to the land where we lost our loved ones and we said, "we will still go on"
Welcome to the land where winds try to blow, and we said "No!"

歡迎你體驗 冷死人的冬天 但是我們說:「我不怕寒冬」

歡迎你體驗 浪洶湧的海邊 但是我們說:「我不怕水淹」

歡迎你體驗 親人生離死別 但是我會說:「我們會向前」

歡迎你體驗無情的北風吹,但又怎樣



That morning I drop my kids off at school and head to the SPCA
where I'm greeted by my "other kids"
all barking and meowing for breakfast and a belly rub. Not that I'm complaining, I love them.
But by the time feeding is done I gotta get back up to pick up my human kids,
so I take just one second for myself and I'm sitting in my car.

那天早上送小孩去上學後就去了動保協會,那裏還有其他「小孩」等著要歡迎我。 全都是想要早餐、要摸肚肚的汪聲和喵聲,我沒在抱怨喔,我愛這些小孩。

但等到餵完所有小孩,又到了我要去接小孩的時間,所以我會幫自己偷個一秒鐘, 坐在車子裡。



I'm in the library.
我在圖書館

I'm in the staff room.
我在休息室

And I turned on the radio.
然後我打開了收音機

You are here, at the start of a moment, on the edge of the world.
Where the river meets the sea.
Here, at the edge of the Atlantic, on an island in between there and here.

你在這

在事件的起點

在世界的邊陲

海洋和河流交界

在大西洋的邊緣

海陸之間的島嶼
又遠又近

I'm noting my radar when Bonnie comes by.
She pulls up and she is waving at me like mad, so I rolled down my window and she says:
邦尼在我還在弄雷達的時候經過,她停下車,好像發瘋似的對我揮著手,所以我搖下窗戶,她說

"Oz, turn on the radio."
「奧茲,打開收音機」

"Slow it down Bonn-"
「慢慢說」

"Jesus H Oz, turn on your radio."
「老天,打開收音機!」

Where our stories start:
It's my first day at the station.
Where we end the night
I'm getting coffee for the picket line.
Where we know by heart.
It's five minutes till my smoke break.
Every single flight.
I'm off to work at the airport.

故事的起點(這是我第一天上班)

夜晚的終點(我要帶點咖啡去前線)

熟悉的地方(抽菸時間還有五分鐘)

飛機的起降(我正要出門去機場)



Welcome to the fog, welcome to the trees,
to the ocean and the sky, and whatever's in between.
To the one's who left, you are never truly gone.
Our candle's in the window and our candle's always on.
When the sun is coming, and the world has come ashore.
If you're hoping for a harbor than you'll find an open door.
In the winter, from the water, through whatever's in the way,
to the ones who have come from away,
Welcome to the rock!

濃霧歡迎你,森林歡迎你

海洋天空歡迎你,世間萬物歡迎你

不管誰先走 你們不曾遠離

燭光在窗邊搖曳,熱水也沸騰不息


當太陽天空高掛,世界已經靠岸

若你尋覓避風港灣大門也會敞開

寒冬之中,越過浪頭,經歷考驗與折磨

若你是  千里迢迢來到

Welcome to the Rock!